Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Scary First for Me!

Boy, it's been a while, huh?  My person says it is because of that thing she has to do to buy me foodables - something about budgets, conversions, month end, "ya da, ya da, ya da, blah, blah, blah" - that's what I hear!

Well, we had the major rains last night!  It was quite the light and sound show!  I have never seen this type of show before here in the Great State of Texas in my whole entire life!!  I have never been scared of this stuff before, but last night was different!  And it lasted ALL NIGHT LONG!  Well....most of the night anyway!

My person even let me try and sleep on the "big" doggie bed with her....which I have NEVER done before!  She didn't get much sleep between trying to take care of me and watching the news guys to make sure we weren't going to go visit "Dorothy in Oz" and all, but we made it through the night!

Unfortunately, the roof started to "relieve" itself in the kitchen and make the floors all wets.  I told her it wasn't me - but she almost didn't believe me!!!  I mean, I was scared, but really???

Well, I tried to get some good pictures this morning of the after-math of the rains, but the picture I wanted to take could not be taken!  The roads I take to get out and about were all washed up and blocked off!  I couldn't get near them!!!  Maybe tomorrow?  I hope the rains stay away tonight - it looks like they may according to the news guys...should we believe them?

I do have to admit, I did like the "big" doggie bed last night!  Wonder if I can figure out a way to get up there again tonight!?

"Rain, rain, stay away, come again some other day!"  and more calmly if you please.......

Woofs!

Baylor

6 comments:

  1. Wow that is quite the storm! I like lightning and thunder but that sounds like even to much for me. I sleep in the BIG dog bed every night, it's nice huh? Hope you have a calmer night.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing on the news all the terrible weather that is in your corner of the world. We have family around Temple and are hoping they and YOU stay safe!!! ....and dry too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baylor, so sorry you are having to go through the rough rains. I know the sky can get really scary sometimes.

    I hope you have a better night tonight and I also hope you get that leaky leak in the kitchen fixed so you won't have to worry about being blamed.

    bert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Baylor!! I'm not normally scared of storms & loud noises, etc at all - but your version sounds totally scary!! Especially the bit about maybe joining Dorothy in Oz!! (although maybe you might end up here in Australia with me...hee! hee!) Glad you & your human got through the storm safely and hope everything gets back to normal soon.

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Baylor! It's nice to meet you. I don't like those storms either. It's my job to keep Jen safe when they come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just stopping by your blog to say "HI!" and let you know I'm thinking about you--I hope you're enjoying your Sunday and all is well in your corner of the world!!

    ReplyDelete